On this day in History March 2nd T-Shirt – Philip K. Dick

Trying out a new idea on Tcritic doing a daily t-shirt connected to a historical happening of the day, let me know what you think.

For March 2nd, i wanted to recognize the death of Philip K. Dick, avid science fiction author & explorer of the psyche.

The Dreaming Of Androids T-Shirt is a charming reference to one of Philip K. Dick’s renowned novel, “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” which was the basis for the classic movie Blade Runner.

I also liked “Mental Refinery from District Cotton,” because of the similarity the woman bears to a replicant & the metaphorical exploration of the psychological.

UPDATE: More PKD stuff from Diesel Sweeties, thx boogah who suggested this in the coments

Also you can watch A Scanner Darkly, another PKD inspired movie on Netflix instant.

12 Responses to “On this day in History March 2nd T-Shirt – Philip K. Dick”

1. Robert says:

I think this is a great idea !

2. hideyourarms says:

Cool idea, and you picked the inspiration for my favourite movie as the subject for day 1, so I'm happy.

3. Jen says:

That sheep t-shirt is great :D I'm actually reading a PKD novel right now (A Scanner Darkly), but I am unfortunately discovering yet again that he doesn't fit my literary tastes at all…

4. karllong says:

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you liked the topic :)

5. karllong says:

Right, A Scanner Darkly, I keep forgetting that was him as well. Have you read Man In The High Castle? that was a rather interesting alternate history that was set in America but if the Germans and Japanese had won WWII

6. karllong says:

Nice one Boogah, i've added it to the post, thanks so much.

7. Eugene Archibald says:

I want to see the t-shirts for the VALIS trilogy. ;)

8. Ryan Salsman says:

This is a really great idea. I wish I would've thought of it first! I'll be excited to see the others in the series.

9. [...] Dreaming of Androids. The breadpig considers Karl a proud comrade for your service; here he is, in his own words: The Dreaming Of Androids T-Shirt is a charming reference to one of Philip K. Dick’s renowned [...]

10. Great interpretations of a really amazing book! I heard they’re finally getting around to making a film out of UBIK, too–can anyone confirm this?